Boards website down already...

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1447 by hamptonw
It's funny, but even though this one is just as space inefficent on the screen (bars between posts etc.) it doesn't bother me here - it just feels friendly.

I like the "my discussions" feature too.... makes it easy to follow threads you're contributing to.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by hamptonw.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1448 by Southern Surf
hamptonw wrote:

It's funny, but even though this one is just as space inefficent on the screen (bars between posts etc.) it doesn't bother me here - it just feels friendly.

I like the "my discussions" feature too.... makes it easy to follow threads you're contributing to.

It's the colour, something we've been asking Boards to change.... obviously it's important!!!

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1451 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Boards website down already...
Thanks for pointing out the subscriptions thing. I've changed the setting of that so you are only subscribed if you want to be.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1453 by Southern Surf
I noticed that, thanks mate.... I think it's going to get busy here!!! B)

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #1456 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Boards website down already...
hamptonw wrote:

I think Phill has great potential with this site. The only question is whether this site could handle the traffic if it became as popular as the old boards forum. I think it would start to cost Phill a good bit of money...!

It wouldn't cost me a penny. I alread host www.coppermine-gallery.net on a server exactly the same as this and it copes with ease and the traffic there is 15 times that of Boards.

At the moment it does look like Boards are struggling. I am sure it is not down to the team we know and love but the new mpora lot. From the look of it all the forums that mpora have are on the same database and from where I am standing that looks like it spell trouble at the moment. I'm guessing there server is simply running out of resources. Let's hope they sort it out soon. The change to factory has been far from smooth.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1457 by Southern Surf
I'm sure they are trying their best, all the change is pretty tough on the staff too and I guess that everyone moaning about the forum must be pretty annoying... when is the next magazine due? This Friday?

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds