Learning to Gybe

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1149 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Learning to Gybe
Club Vass are very much into the group thing in a bit of a club 10-30 way but you can ignore all that. They are very good if you get a good coach. Many of the coaches are gap year students and some sailors prefer an older coach.

El Tur is now run by Gregg who used to work at boards mag. It looks like they have worked really hard to make an excellent centre but as they have not yet opened no one has tried it.

I went to El Tur a couple of years back and it is a superb venue but was let down by the hotel which I believe has improved a lot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1152 by admin
So far 8 of us are meeting up Sunday at the Golf club end of Hayling front around 10-10:30

2 of us are bringing video kit and we'll possibly have a tutor.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1153 by stuart
Replied by stuart on topic Re: Learning to Gybe
Phil

really sorry, I can't do sunday, we have a family trip home to the north east, didn't go back at xmas. The big upside is that I have 2 tickets to Keegan's first home game at St. James's, just can't miss it.

Stuart

Stuart

More
16 years 2 months ago #1154 by dave k
Replied by dave k on topic Re: Learning to Gybe

So far 8 of us are meeting up Sunday at the Golf club end of Hayling front around 10-10:30

2 of us are bringing video kit and we'll possibly have a tutor.

I'm tempted :D What's it like there for lauching, am I likely to trash my kit? If the water goes up and down then I don't know how much gybe practise I'll do but it would be nice to sail on the sea (for the first time :shock: ).

I'll have to collect my kit on Sat'dy, are you around Phill? It would be good to get your mobile number in case I need it.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1155 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
Video :shock:

There was nothing said about video when I signed up

• admin
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1156 by admin
Don't worry befs, I won't point it at you. You'll be on the sand bar riding the waves on your little board anyway.

DaveK,

I might be up Saturday but I've sent you a PM with my mobile number anyway.

The tide will be dropping so you shouldn't have too much trouble launching.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds