Appeal (well, it's worth a try)!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #983 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Appeal (well, it's worth a try)!
I know I would never be in Mike's position and freely admit it.

As to why I don't race... Apart from the fact my gybes are awful I know I would not enjoy it. I'm happy doing my own thing and after the heated debates this year and last I doubt I will ever compete.

It is meant to be competitive but some of you do take it far too seriously. When you are race oficer you get to hear it all, when your racing you don't.

Have a good race next week and make it a fun one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #984 by mike g
Ok, let's wrap this up because it was simply meant to be an appeal to get my win ackowledged. It was not because of league placings but simply to have an official record that I beat John... which gave me a great sense of achievement at the time (for the 3 seconds that it lasted until it was taken away). By rights he should have whipped the ass of Dave and myself but we both sailed above our normal level in an attempt to keep up with or even beat the pro sailor. Tony just handicapped him by providing a Starboard. ;)

Since the appeal was turned down, let's avoid any more flaming.

I'll also make it clear that there is no ill feeling between myself and Dave as we are often in contact over e-mail anyway. I think that Tim may have got the wrong end of the stick slightly there. Dave very graciously acknowledged what happened on Thursday and we always congratulate each other when the other wins. We're just both very competitive and that is what brings us enjoyment. Some people may may confuse our competitiveness for seriousness. Both of us were serious athletes (Dave on the field, me on the track) and I can say that we really do not take the racing seriously. We simply enjoy the competition aspect. After all, that's what a race is about.

I take my freestyle more seriously than the racing! Bearing in mind that I usually end up laughing at myself after falling off in a new or amusing way, I think that the word "serious" may even be stretching the meaning somewhat in that instance. :wink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds