Saunton Sands Trip

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #633 by admin
Saunton Sands Trip was created by admin
I've just recieved tis from Colin. If you want to come email me for details

"Hi everyone,
Just a short note to tell you about the weekend trip to Saunton sands North Devon.
A few of us are planning to go sailing at this venue on the weekend commencing Friday 6th October 2007.
Saunton is known for its consistently good waves being close to Croyde Bay. It's reasonably safe with a long stretch of shallow beach for some way out and works in a decent south westerly. Waves are manageable even in honking conditions and you can sail just outside the shorebreak, and have a lot of fun, and still put you feet on the bottom.
At the moment there are about 14 club members who have committed to coming down.
Camping has been pre-arranged for a large group just outside Braunton. We have stayed here before and it's a decent spot with good facilities. Braunton is just up the road and is within staggering distance of pubs and restaurants and kebab shops.
If enough of us are going Tony may join us with his new mobile windsurfing shop stocked with all the shiny things that will be needed to replace the not so shiny things that you may break if it really kicks off.
It is a purely informal weekend and there are other activities if the wind does not blow, boogie boarding, softee surfing, cycling, flower arranging, feng shui, etc. There is a hire centre if you want to go all Point Break on us.
Arrival times and leaving times are up to the individual, as are travel arrangements, so if you want to join us the more the merrier.
Lensheads will be on hand to video and photograph every significant event both on and off the water.
So if you fancy a good wave session or two or just want to hone your skills in some different conditions to what we have come to know and love at the lake drop me a line and I will pass on your name to Tricky Wicky so he can confirm numbers to the campsite.
Please pass this message on to other windsurfers who aren't on the mailing list that I may miss.
Nigel, can you pass this on to Ian as I don't have his e-mail address Ta
regards
Colin"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #635 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Flower arranging :)

More
17 years 7 months ago #636 by markc
Replied by markc on topic Re: Saunton Sands Trip
Check this out for info on Saunton

www.bristolnomads.org.uk/location_report...nw_devon/saunton.htm

Regards
Mark

• Tim
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #645 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Ave a good un
Have a good time next weekend guys. Looks like a nice wave place. No doubt you'll all spend a while figuring how 2 get out the back. Shame I can't B there. As Arnie says... I'll be back. Tim

More
17 years 7 months ago #649 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
If anyone wants to go but is short of a tent to sleep in Ive got spare one.

More
17 years 7 months ago #651 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Saunton Sands Trip
I reckon the hits on this weather page will increase this week. ;)

www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1900

Mike

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds