Wind - it can't be!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 9 months ago #531 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
At last - finally got a whole day to play on my new Kombat 106 and felt like I was getting more and more used to it as the day progressed - although I should have changed down earlier than I did, and probably shouldn't have gone out for that 'one last run' - everything hurt this morning (although the 5am alarm call didn't help!) - also should have taken Phill's advice and changed to the wave fin.

Was managing to get round the majority of tacks this time, and getting better at the front foot / mastfoot pressure to stop it spinning up into wind :) Didn't manage a waterstart though :cry: - will try again next time it's windy enough. Roll on the next windyy weekend!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #532 by markc
Replied by markc on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Well done Alex great to see you enjoying yourself in such gusty conditions on your new board
I have been absolutly cream crackered all day today but it was great fun

More
17 years 9 months ago #533 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Just to clarify, it was my Slalom that got damaged rather than my new Freestyle board (which would have been even more gutting). I'm yet to decide who should repair it so I have asked Rik who he thinks can do a good job... I don't know if the carbon fibre construction complicates matters.

Fortunately my Freestyle board was completely unscathed although the 6.1m Expression (only used 3 times) now has a fin mark right across the second panel.

Oh well, I guess I learnt a lesson... not to leave oversized and lightweight kit lying around when the wind increases. If the wind hadn't dropped so much around lunchtime I'd have never rigged that board either.

I'm also going to have to ask Tony if I can borrow one of those Starboard things on race nights. How are people going to hear me coming without the trademark whistling noise?!?

Mike

More
17 years 9 months ago #534 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Mike,

Sorry to hear about that :cry:

But don't worry, even if Tony were to lend (hire) you a 'Fridge Door' you'll still plane before everyone else :wink:

See you Thursday

Forecast looks like longboards :!:

David

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

More
17 years 9 months ago #535 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
A fridge door, now there's a challenge. Anyone have one that I can try out? :wink:

• admin
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #536 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
I was amazed by how many actually survived the day without damage.

Well done to Dave T for his speed of 37.6 and for holding down a 7.0 tbird in 40mph winds.

And well done Alex for surviving in those conditions. Am I in trouble for posting those pics?

Mike,

I was chatting to a board repairer to and I mentioned your board. He doesn't get on too well with carbon so suggested Kbay, blue chip, cygnus or a company down in kent (I have a name written down somewhere but can't find it at the moment). All do carbon repairs apparently. Shame about the damage.

Dave,

At least Starboard fridge doors have no holes through them to let the cold out.

Hope you get on better with the f2 than you did sunday. You looked a bit pissed off with it. I'm sure it will work well when you get tuned in to it.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds