Wind - it can't be!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #524 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Are those air pipes for storing a couple of bottles of beer in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #525 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Sunday's forecast has gone down. :(

I'll need rocket fuel in those air pipes, not beer :!:

More
17 years 9 months ago #526 by stumpy
Replied by stumpy on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
I cannot believe that I have missed another windy weekend. Kids party yesterday and off to Zurich for work today..... Am very, very grumpy.

Stumpy

I wish I was quicker....

More
17 years 9 months ago #527 by carl
Replied by carl on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
WOW!!!!! what a truly amazing day, i had to give up after lunch as i was getting completly wiped out, had a good mornings sail thou and hears to next weekend :D

• Tim
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #528 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Great Day
What a day. The forecasts were wrong. I'd based my day on wind in the morning and nothing later. I was sailing by 10:15. 50% planing, becoming 75% planing. Dave Lewis was doing his thing, blasting around. I did some OK gybes and helis and started getting a few duck gybes to work, but my feet are still all wrong....

I stopped for brunch at 12:30, and a chat with those around. Jo & co, back from Sardinia on a Cribby course.

Then BANG. The wind arrived.... er where did this come from?

Still on 6.5 I did some great speed runs, jumps and stuff. Saw a loop from Alex - which is rare at Brog. Mike was on his new 2007 JP 100 Freestyle.

By 3 I was shagged. So I chatted to Dave the electrician and then went to derig and call Denise.

Later Mike's race kit got lifted off the beach and smacked into the green rig-anchor scaffold pole - narrowly missing Sandy paws. Ouwwwwwchhhhh - bad luck Mike... hope it get fixed quick for you....

Home to watch Fereder and the footy and a nice dinner from Denise.

More
17 years 9 months ago #529 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: Wind - it can't be!
Seems I left at the right time.
Was on the water early (about 9:30) trying out my new F2 FX 100 III (with ait pipes!) and comparing it with my Starboard Formula (both with Gaastra Neutron 8.5)
Similar sizes 250 Vs 264 (both 100 wide)
Similar volumes 155 Vs 156
Similar weights 8.9 Vs 8.5 (you would think the F2 would be lighter)
But the F2 (2005) didn't plane as early as the Starboard (2002). It also didn't feel as "stiff". The Starboard also feels such a "quality" board wheras the F2 felt cheap and fragile.

Credit to the F2 though - it pointed upwind like nothing i've ever sailed before. though that might have had something to do with the Deboichet fin. It also felt "softer" in the turn and more forgiving of the chop. Off the winfd the F2 was fast - to the point of being scary. Have I wasted my money :?: I will give it another try - perhaps with a bigger sail.

I saw Tim as I was "doing my thing" but every time I went close he fell off. Perhaps it was my "shockwave". Still he made a great buoy for gybing!

Sorry to hear about Mike's kit - I hope it didn't damage the NP Boom.

P.S. I've got some Marine Epoxy

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds