2010 kit test French style..148 pages

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
14 years 2 months ago #1467 by Southern Surf
graemef wrote:

It's time you lot up at Brogborough bought half a dozen of those Konas, did some proper One Design racing..

Where the hell is Brogborough??? I'm based in Greenwich and I was going to see if I could sail from Greenwich Yacht Club, in which case a Kona OD would be amazing... I sailed one about a year ago and I love it, coming from a Windsurfer OD background... just need somewhere to store it, live in a one bedroom flat at the moment...

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #1468 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2010 kit test French style..148 pages
France is the biggest market in Europe so they have quite a bit more dosh. Bit worried by the board breakages. How did Grumpf's new toy fair?

More
14 years 2 months ago #1469 by Erik the Viking
Ok..test board was the 3X 82....its a bit of a litteral dumbed down translation as writen French can be a bit over flowery and ghey.

Larger and floatier than the competition so an easier board to get on with. Planes almost immediately and feels like your floating on a cushion of air.

Not the fastest accelerating, but you stay on the plane through the lulls. Good top end. Gets through the broken mush perfectly and is stable and easy to get one out of any critical situation.

Has a little bit more grip three up compared to quads and other twin fins. Enough to enjoy onshore conditions.

In the waves/surf its doesn't have the same livelyness from rail to rail as the competition (narrower)...its the least skateboard of the test group (not being a skateboarder I don't 100% get the comaprison). Not as precise in bigger waves. This "little" lack in radical..ness is more than made up for by its planning ability, user friendliness, knowing that this will mean catching more waves. Due to it being less radical it tends to need a bit of extra weight/leg input for carving on less powerfull waves.

Super soft/gentle in the waves/surf and good for setting up arials. Suited to mid to heavy weights, its an early planning animal to get the most waves per hour. Good wind range.

One of the tester's does mention he wasn't as keen going for jumps on it due to its size....ignore him he's French!!

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1470 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2010 kit test French style..148 pages
Southern Surf wrote:

Where the hell is Brogborough??? I'm based in Greenwich and I was going to see if I could sail from Greenwich Yacht Club, in which case a Kona OD would be amazing... I sailed one about a year ago and I love it, coming from a Windsurfer OD background... just need somewhere to store it, live in a one bedroom flat at the moment...

www.brogboroughlake.co.uk

I live about 10mins from there so tend to be up there for a couple of hours most windy days as I work in the area and can schedule my work to some extent.

As for the test. Looks like Planche mag are doing a good job.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1471 by Erik the Viking
Gotta say I do like the look of the 3X.

Just for a balanced view the Quatro Tempo twinny 84 seemed to get a good review.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1472 by Southern Surf
A lot of talk about this board, I think it's going to be popular this season... pity I've just bought a new wave board!

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds