2010 kit test French style..148 pages

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
14 years 2 months ago #1461 by Erik the Viking
Went over to the home land last week and bought the latest copy of Planche Mag. I really did not take any notice of the content when I first bought it so was fairly shocked on opening it.....

Pretty much the whole thing is filled with kit test....148 pages of 2010 kit!!

From slalom boards of various volume, free ride boards,free waves, single fin wave boards and finally muti fin wave boads (including Grumps latest pimp baby the 3X!!).

Then they have sails..freerace/slalom, freeride with 2 or 0 cams, freewave and wave all of various sizes again.

Quite impressed so far and it even seems that they can give some negative comments vis a vis the kit they tested. OK they wont go as far as saying this or that board is crap, but at least its not glowing, i love it type of stuff. Lots of reading to do yet so my view might change.

One major comment was that they have never broken as many boards as this year in the wave tests...is that down to bad luck or is it down to the manufactures pushing the weight issue too far?

Can't ever see that happening with our beloved Boards or Windsurf really. Is there that much more money and interest in windsurfing in continental Europe which means their mags can do such mega tests?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1462 by Erik the Viking
Went over to the home land last week and bought the latest copy of Planche Mag. I really did not take any notice of the content when I first bought it so was fairly shocked on opening it.....

Pretty much the whole thing is filled with kit test....148 pages of 2010 kit!!

From slalom boards of various volume, free ride boards,free waves, single fin wave boards and finally muti fin wave boads (including Grumps latest pimp baby the 3X!!).

Then they have sails..freerace/slalom, freeride with 2 or 0 cams, freewave and wave all of various sizes again.

Quite impressed so far and it even seems that they can give some negative comments vis a vis the kit they tested. OK they wont go as far as saying this or that board is crap, but at least its not glowing, i love it type of stuff. Lots of reading to do yet so my view might change.

One major comment was that they have never broken as many boards as this year in the wave tests...is that down to bad luck or is it down to the manufactures pushing the weight issue too far?

Can't ever see that happening with our beloved Boards or Windsurf really. Is there that much more money and interest in windsurfing in continental Europe which means their mags can do such mega tests?

More
14 years 2 months ago #1463 by Southern Surf
If only there was an online version of PlancheMag... I'd love to see the tests... just goes to show how big windsurfing is in Europe!!!

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #1464 by graemef
Well come one then.. what did they say about my board.. I've had it nearly two months on not got near sailing it yet..

More
14 years 2 months ago #1465 by Southern Surf
graemef wrote:

Well come one then.. what did they say about my board.. I've had it nearly two months on not got near sailing it yet..

You'll have to sacrifice a Kona to the wind gods!!! :lol:

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #1466 by graemef
It's time you lot up at Brogborough bought half a dozen of those Konas, did some proper One Design racing..

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds