What can we do?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 6 months ago #691 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: What can we do?
Thanks Doctor Tim - a valid point.

Glad you are back on the scene - at least in spirit

Will we see you on the water this week end?

People should not worry about me bleading into the lake.

My doctor described me as a medical Miracle after my apparent recovery from HIV/AIDs, Hepatitis and Denghi fever.

Still, its not surprising considering the MoD used us as experimental platforms for all sorts of wierd and wonderful things. I look like the rabbit out of Donnie Darko after 10pm (don't you dare!)

Anyway, if i do injur myself seriously, or get something untreatable, bridget has a good lawyer. Has anyone asked Janet if the H&S is up to scratch (excuse the punn again) :lol:

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #714 by windyrich
Replied by windyrich on topic Re: What can we do?
I sail barefoot and prefer it even though I regularly get cuts in my feet at Brog. but that is all part of the choice we make (barefoot or boots, cuts or not).
I would think that everythng has been thought of and tried before as everyone has to launch from the same spot and therefore has the same problems.
It would be nice to have a perfect launch spot with a nice non-slip surface but you won't get that anywhere (even at the coast there is not someone picking up the stones for you) and if it does then I bet it cost quite a bit.
Remember, if you step of a brick then you could always pick it up and it won't be there next time.
There is always room for improvement, but instead of leaving it up to others to sort out, how about everyone coming up with feasible suggestions and putting them forward as i'm sure people would rather listen to a positive suggestion than a negative complaint.

More
17 years 5 months ago #715 by c4mun
Replied by c4mun on topic Re: What can we do?
I sail barefoot until frostbite sets in and then resort to bootees. (Tony I may need a new pair this season). I did suffer a really nasty cut the week Dave got his and suspect it was more than just a brick. I have spotted a few bits of wire from the foreshore work we did a couple of years ago and suspect that on a clear day, a snorkel and mask might assist with some preventitive repair work.
Looking on the bright side I also got targetted by coral in Dahab and then those sea urchins had a go. The coral took months to heal and still left a scar, even after using iodine. I am not sure whether the boiling water and vinegar was worse than the spines as a cure for the latter.
So have fun all those off to Dahab next week. Suggest we keep a tally on the foot injuries there.

• cantjybe
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #718 by cantjybe
Replied by cantjybe on topic Re: What can we do?
i think the lake manager should carry our kit to the water for us

More
17 years 5 months ago #721 by windyrich
Replied by windyrich on topic Re: What can we do?
Now that's a good idea, perhaps he could even pack it away afterwards, this would also have the advantage allowing us all more time to spend money on mars bars an hot drinks on those winter days. :lol:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds