Thursday night racing

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Tim
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #262 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re: Thursday night racing
Gawd. Looks like I'll have to get a 9.5 to have a chance of being competitive, not what I really wanted, as I didn't wanna spend another load of dosh, I wanted a new board instead..... decisions decisions....

Are you sure a 9.5 will make the plod around the lake on lightwind days much different to doing it on 8.5? OK so it'll be over a minute earlier after a 20 minute plod or pump... erm who cares?

And if it's only the big guys who get the bigger sail, then I'll be at a disadvantage. So if this was the case I'd go and play freestyle instead.

Or is it a case of making a few more lightwind days cross the boundary and become a slalom one? I like that. And if so, who's got a slalom board that'll take a 9.5? I haven't.

I play "STICK" not "TWIST". Or I'll only see you when it's definately slalom.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• David
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #263 by David

More
18 years 3 months ago #264 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Thursday night racing
Never fear Tim, I will also be using an 8.5m on course and slalom races (although it will be a Lightning).

Mike

More
18 years 3 months ago #265 by stuart
Replied by stuart on topic 8.5M etc
Dear all

Speaking as someone who would love to have a go at the racing, but probably won't make any of the races, as it will be nigh on impossible to get to the lake in time. I can be impartial.

Why not go for 8.5 max an allow pumping. As most people seem to have an 8.5M. If you're having to pump like fury on an 8.5, it's clearly not fun, so make the race short.

Won't make any difference to me. I'll be last, whatever.

Stuart

Stuart

• Tim
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #266 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic TONY'S DECISION
Just got an email from Tony.

I have collated all your comments, assed your remarks (fell a sleep twice) and have filed all of them in the appropriate place (reminds me I must empty it)

God it was light Thursday night racing on paper.

Anyhow ignoring all the chat 8.5’s have it

So we will keep the formula the same as last year. Added to this I think we might try the occasional pursuit by way of a change, to see how it goes.

That’s it

END OF DISCUSSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

• Phill
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #267 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Re: Thursday night racing
It's over at last

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds