Going small - Help please

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 7 months ago #1005 by the hoff
By way of a slightly more sensible and useful exchange of views, I require a little help.

The Hoff is going small - yes its true; I've finally succumbed.

I am planning to get some sails in the 5-7m range.

All of my current sails have cams and generally I prefer the locked in feel these sails give. However, some advice I have been given is to go as follows:

Tushingham 5.25 Storm, 6.0 Thunderbird T3 and 7.0 Lightning

For those who don't know I am 95kg (prime beef) and 1.85m

I have just purchased Tim's JP Slalom 134 Pro which I plan to use with 8, 9 and 10m race/slalom sails.

I am looking to replace my JP 129 (which I generally use with old 6.8 and 5.7 Gun X-Race cammed sails) with something around the 115 litre mark. This would be my smallest board. I have thought about a JP Super X (the 116) or even another Slalom Pro in 114 guise (the 94 would be too small)

The sails don't have to be Tushingham (or any single brand) but ease of rigging and durability are key factors for me (along with waterstarting and gybing - oh, and of course, speed!)

Any advice you "xspurts" can ofer would be most welcome.

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1006 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Going small - Help please
I may have a carve 133 looking for a new home - interested at all :?:

More
16 years 7 months ago #1013 by the hoff
So there isn't anybody out there who knows anything about small (ish)sails :(

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

More
16 years 7 months ago #1014 by mike g
That set of sails would seem like quite a decent choice. My 7.0m Lightning is the perfect smaller sail for my 70cm wide JP Slalom 114 (in addition to my 8.5m) and the T-Birds are nicely composed freeride sails. The storms don't have much low end grunt for heavy or active sailors (pump, pump) but if you take out a 5.25m then the chances are that it will be incredibly windy and thats when a storm is at its best (i.e. getting on for overpowered).

The question is what type of board you plan to use them on? :twisted:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds