Dahab 2006

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 6 months ago #731 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: Dahab 2006
Back down to earth with a bump - and i don't mean the dodgy landing at Gatwick.

What a fantastic time - contrasts even more against the dark dismal morning and that "I don't want to got to work" feeling.

Big thanks to Tony for all his organizing beforehand and a big thanks to everyone else for making it such a great time - we really are very lucky at Brogborough to have such a great crowd of people.

I sent a "get well" text to 'Freestyle Mike' last night. He replied "at the risk of being crude, this morning was my (his) first fart so I (he) must be on the mend"

(Well we all know what that means don't we - he must have got planing in zero wind)

The most recent news is that he is "eating again today and had a sail for a little over an hour. 5m sail in baby bay and 25 vulcan attempts. crashing with more control now ... seems like progress!"

So i guess he must be better then!

i'm sure we all wish him and the rest of those lucky people a great 2nd week.

As for me, I might go down to the lake 2morrow pm and freeze my nuts off for an hour or 2.

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #732 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Dahab 2006
I've just uploaded a few pics to the gallery. If you have any feel free to add them

More
17 years 5 months ago #733 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Dahab 2006
We are all back from Dahab now. :cry:

During the second week we had wind every day, although a little less than the first week (which it has to be said was no bad thing)! Whilst the first week was typically force 5 to 6 every day (with force 7 on the first), the second week was generally around the force 4 to 5 mark which was much better from my point of view.

On Monday I had a bit of a breakthrough with the vulcan... sussing out how to get the nose down during the rotation and then feel sensation of sliding backwards (as opposed to being thrown off violently... see Tony's video). As the week went on, slides got more frequent and on Saturday Glynn saw me do one which he thought was at least 5m long. I was too surprised to collect the sail and claim the move though!

Whilst I haven't successfully completed a vulcan yet, I had more trys at it during the last week than the I've ever attempted before. I would guess that I tried about 2 or 3 dozen each day and would estimate that once I get it, it will have taken many hundreds of attempts! Roll on the next holiday and a chance to carry on practicing... I think that it's going to be too cold to try at Brog in winter.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds