Beach wish list.

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
14 years 1 month ago #1593 by IRL-250
Replied by IRL-250 on topic Re:Beach wish list.
Would be good to see you guys over here in Brandon Bay if you fancied a road trip to Ireland :)

Alastair
IRL-250

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #1594 by grawp
Replied by grawp on topic Re:Beach wish list.
rod wrote:

honestly k-bay (from a WSW to NW) is a lot lot easier than sailing shoreham.

although the launch is only a slipway there is never any shorebreak and the waves are well spaced and gradually get bigger in the bay - there is also surprisingly little chop, even when the wind is cross on (W).
ok there are rocks, but the fear is dinging your board or breaking a fin (and having to walk back) it's not life threatening. just a bit annoying.

i know that no one believes me but i think it is one of the easiest places to wave sail on the south coast and great for learner wave sailors (in the bay). if you can sail shoreham in a F6 SW you are going to think it is a doddle (and if you can sail camber in a F6, then you are going to wonder where all the waves are!).

of course the bench and the ledges are a different kind of sailing, but you have to make a conscious decision to go and sail them (the bench is a mile upwind!).

last year harry did it in 2hrs 15 from brighton.

i'd be happy to show people the ropes (i did this last march with 3 k-bay forumite virgins and i've seen two of them back there this autumn).

That's good advice. I'm ok about the rocks, had to launch off them anyway (and smashed a chunk out of my rail). At what point does the bay get gusty? Anything north of west?

More
14 years 1 month ago #1597 by Southern Surf
Replied by Southern Surf on topic Re:Beach wish list.
I'd really like to do a downwind dash sometime... a few miles of messing about with a few friends, from say Worthing to Brighton or something like that, just bothering chop along the way... :)

Hey, it's really nice in here... I feel like I know everyone already!!! :-)

More
14 years 1 month ago #1599 by Nico
Replied by Nico on topic Re:Beach wish list.
I have a few months sabbatical after working the last few years for the tightest bunch of c*nts imaginable. I'm planning on trying plenty of new places including Kimmeridge and going west too. Variety is the thing.

More
14 years 1 month ago #1601 by Lostboy
Replied by Lostboy on topic Re:Beach wish list.
Downwinders are good fun, whether it's just a really short one (Hill Head to Stokes Bay), a reasonable one (Hayling to Wittering) or a long 'un! You do have to either:

a. Sail a long way upwind first/last or
b. Have a REALLY understanding driver to drop you off and meet you!

More
14 years 1 month ago #1608 by SteveE
Replied by SteveE on topic Re:Beach wish list.
I'd love to sail Gwithian too.

Hayle holds a lot of sentimental value with me as I've been going every year for about 20 years. But never sailed there.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds