Boards Website

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1510 by slasher
Replied by slasher on topic Re:Boards Website
i agree, i can't be bothered to go there, why would i ?
it don't work.
too frustrating.
so what do we do? keep going back and trying? keep having to log on every time you blink.
it's going to get less and less activity until all interest is lost.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
if it's going to go down for a specific reason, why don't they post a notice beforehand.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by slasher. Reason: huh!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1512 by teenybopper
Replied by teenybopper on topic Re:Boards Website
i say give it a week and hopefully it'll be sorted
the core guys will stay, everyone else will wander off but then come back,
there isn't a better option out there right now which is known and strong enough to become a hub. boardseeker could, but its priority isn't the forum, it's content.
if there was a strong option out there, the website would be a bit screwed. all it has right now is the forum.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1513 by grawp
Replied by grawp on topic Re:Boards Website
Hello everyone.
This is cosy. :)

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #1514 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Boards Website
Hello grawp :laugh:

• admin
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1516 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Boards Website
teenybopper wrote:

but i guess if they are making the changes that pat / rod and all those guys have asked for, then I guess it has to close down for a bit right?

No reason to close the site to make a few cosmetic changes. Those can be done live. Even if something substantial needed to be done to the forum the homepage should remain up as they are separate softwares.

I am speculating here but it feels like their new server just cannot cope. The forum is popular and will get a lot of hits from users, spammers and bots. All this can put a server under quite a load. If that server has not correctly been setup it will fail. Even if the server did not have the resources it should not fall over from load or apps runing on it if it is correctly setup.

Looking at the way all the other Factory sites are setup as sub-domains of mpora it does feel as if their web guys don't really know the server stuff as well as they should. Either that or someone has made the silly choice of trying to keep the mpora name in every url.

Anyway, all this is speculation as the Boards team are keeping too quite. I bet they too are in the dark. I have a lot of experience of web teams not talking to their customers and have seen it happen before.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1517 by teenybopper
Replied by teenybopper on topic Re:Boards Website
would be cool if they put something on the homepage to tell people what is going on. it's a fickle market and a bit of word of what is up would go a long way to stop people migrating. a core group of people keep the boards site unusually active for a forum. if they stray elsewhere, then the forum would be pretty much the same as boardseekers.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds