Wind - Finally the Autumn Winds are here!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
15 years 6 months ago #1287 by mike g
Hmmm, it seems that all of the UK postings for Saturday have disappeared from gps-speedsurfing - technical difficulties I guess. I am sure that they will reappear once they have worked out what has happened!

Day 2 (Sunday) was an early start for us all - we were rigging up in the pouring rain at 8am, keen to be ready for the early briefing at 8.30am!

The wind was quite good to start with - SSW meant that the course was broader than Saturday but it was probably only blowing about 25 knots by the time that the course was open. Everyone seemed to get their best run at 09:30, give or take a few minutes and after that it just went downhill.

I managed 29.79 knots which placed me 18 out of 60 and only 0.26 knots behind Whitey. To be fair though, he was on pretty small kit considering the wind strength. It felt so much easier than the first day though... another 5 knots of wind would have been perfect for me. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tim
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #1288 by Tim
Mike. We are in the Pebbles too! We'll be down Friday lunchtime. Forecast looks OK. John Mitch was umming and arring about coming down too, with Dave K. Good luck with your results. Is Phil there now?

More
15 years 6 months ago #1289 by mike g
Phill isn't down yet but is hoping to make tomorrow.

The forecast is for 30 knots from the south. According to the locals, that will make for pretty hairy conditions - very broad (almost a run) with lots of chop.

I'm hoping that the wind has some westerly in it so that it is more akin to what we had on Sunday. I haven't packed a pair of brown boardies for sailing over chop at >30 knots. ;)

Mike

p.s. We need to be rigged before 8am!

More
15 years 6 months ago #1290 by mike g
Phill made it down yesterday for what was probably the most enjoyable day of speed week so far. It was like two completely different days in one!

Morning: Survival conditions on a cold + grey rainy day, blowing 30 to 40 knots and chop that could be mistaken for waves.

Afternoon: Sunny, flat water and 18 knots of wind.

I've written up all of my sessions for anyone who is bored at work and needs something to read. ;)

www.gps-speedsurfing.com/?mnu=user&s...essions&uid=2640

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds