Wind - Finally the Autumn Winds are here!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
15 years 7 months ago #1281 by the hoff
Tuesday (Tomorrow) and Wednesday

And have you seen the forecast for Saturday

I'm working from home tomorrow ;)

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #1282 by mike g
Just in time for Weymouth. :)

Fancy coming down for the Saturday?

• Tim
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #1283 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Ouch
I was at Hayling yesterday afternoon. Did some huge jumps in the messy stuff on the sand bar at low tide. Hurt my left ankle. Out on 4.7 and that was too big. See how it is for the w/e. We're booked for next weekend Mike.

More
15 years 6 months ago #1284 by mike g
I hope that your ankle is getting better now. With a bit of luck, there will still be some wind when you come down here next weekend.

The forecast is still looking good for tomorrow. I'm checked into "The Pebbles" and ready for action when the wind kicks in!

I'll keep you posted on anything interesting. It's nice to have complimentary wifi in the B+B. :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #1285 by mike g
I've uploaded todays session (including notes) to gps-speedsurfing:

www.gps-speedsurfing.com/?mnu=user&val=38004&uid=2640

With a little luck, I'll have an official 500m run over 30 knots. My best 500m on the computer is 31.4 knots but how much of it was between the official markers I don't know.

Tomorrow will be an early start if we are to catch the wind before it disappears mid to late morning. If the BBC forecast is to be believed (SSW), it might be a bit broader and I should be able to improve my speeds. Today was almost a beam reach!

The top guys were super quick today (the best were about 6 knots faster afaik) but there were some slower guys too.

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

More
15 years 6 months ago #1286 by mike g
Ah, the results for today are online.

Nick Dempsey, Guy Cribb and Dave White all got 35.x knots. Zara Davis got 30.78 knots and I wasn't far behind her with 30.25 knots. The best of the UK speeds sailors were also getting results of between 35 and 37 knots.

I am pleased with that result... an official 30 knots was one of my targets for the week. Getting within 5 knots of Whitey was another, lol.

Anders Bringdal set a new harbour record of 38.48 knots. Had the course been broader, everyone would have been faster and he may well have gone over 40 knots.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds