WHICH WINTER WETSUIT?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 6 months ago #1015 by hugh jarmes
I guess that most will agree the NP wetsuits, whilst looking good, don't wear very well (plus they are expensive)

With that in mind, what brand/type of winter wetsuit would people recommend.

I like the idea of a dry steamer in smoothskin with a horozontal zip but I've never had one before and don't know the pros and cons.

Spartan wetsuits always used to be good but I understand they have gone out of business

Any suggestions?

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #1016 by markc
Replied by markc on topic Re: WHICH WINTER WETSUIT?
It seems Spartan are back in production.
Dave Noble advertise them as being available from sometime in October.
:D

• admin
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #1017 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: WHICH WINTER WETSUIT?
They were on display at speedweek and look superb. We compared the new ones with the old oned and the quality of the new ones seems even better.

• Tim
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #1018 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Get some then
As you know my wintersuit is more than wholy, it' veritably cheesecloth. I need one now not l8r. I was gonna get another 5000 because the NP sizes are very good. Is there a link to a Spartan website with size information?

Or perhaps Mr Admin you could ask the GURU to get some in? You seem to have sway.

• Tim
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1055 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Gul
I lake-tested my Gul Delta 2008 6/5/4 today. Very flexible and perfectly warm enough. Didn't let any water in at all. Particularly good around the neck. Perhaps a little too loose on me - I tried the next size down and didn't like the constriction of the zip (plus room for an under-vest), but being semi-dry it does not matter that much. Has a cross the shoulder brass zip - easy in and out. ~ £100 less than a comparable - NP - paying for the name and not necessarily quality when it comes to wetsuits?

£219 from wetsuitoutlet.co.uk

• Tim
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1174 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Fine
The Gul DELTA is still working fine. I had to grease the zip recently to get rid of corrosion from the sea, even after I had given it a thorough rinsing after use.

I hear Tony is now a GUL stockist. Go on someone, make his day!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds