- Category: Latest
- Published: 12 February 2021
- Written by Unknown
- Hits: 36
To all Competitors, present and past and friends of the event,
Although this news may not come as a surprise, it is with sadness that I write to inform that we have taken the decision not to proceed with the March 2021 Tiree Wave Classic Event at this time.
The risks presented by the novel Coronvirus are still too great to jeopardise the event, its competitors and the population of Tiree by proceeding with the event at this time and after extensive consultation with Argyll & Bute Councils Environmental Health Department, we feel that this is the only correct course of action at this time.
It is our intention to now look to bring the Tiree Wave Classic event back to its original calendar position in mid October, with a plan to run the 2021 Tiree Wave Classic from the 9th - 16th (Inc) October 2021!
Obviously Covid may still be a strong consideration in October but we intend now to turn all of our efforts to being able to deliver a covid proofed event, later this year.
We would ask registered competitors at this time to email us and let us know whether you prefer to roll over your entry to October, or whether you require a refund at this point. We hope that many of you will be able to consider attending in October, should we be in a position to go ahead with the event at that time.
William Maclean - TWC Event Host