Long Range Weather Forecasting

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 9 months ago #942 by alex
OK, I know this is probably too much to ask, but does anyone know of a reasonably accurate mid- to long-range weather forecast site, that is good for the next 2 - 3 weeks? I need to know which week out of the last two of July will be the windiest :?:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #943 by hugh jarmes
Do you drink tea?

No not bags - proper tea leaves.

These can be very useful when trying to predict the weather.

Just before you take the final slurp from your bone chine (Crown Derby or Royal Dalton) cup, swirl it round and empty the contents into the saucer (the thing Phill usually drinks his tea from when its too hot) :wink:

Take a photo of what you get and email it to me and I will provide you with a 2 week wind forecast that I can guarantee will be more accurate than Windguru. :lol:

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

• Tim
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #944 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic T Leaf
Alex,

You can get some nice graphics from:

www.metcheck.com for a 14 day

and also

weatheronline.co.uk for an 8 day (remember to hold the ctrl key down to allow the popup)

They all have ever decreasing degrees of meaningfulness, and disappearing down the plughole of accuracy....

Or read a story on

www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

which is better, and look at the atlantic chart and get a feel for the stability - which indicates the degree of accuracy....

and on and on and on da da da :yawn:

More
16 years 9 months ago #945 by alex
Thanks - does the tea leaf reading work with jasmine or chinese tea??

Have looked at both metcheck and weatheronline, but I never get the feeling that they ever come good in the long term, although I guess that's the problem, it can all change too quickly. The day some-one comes up with an accurate way of forecasting long term, they should make a mint from the windsurfing fraternity.

• admin
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #946 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Long Range Weather Forecasting

swirl it round and empty the contents into the saucer

Isn't that what you usually sail, I thought it was called an Apollo :lol:

More
16 years 9 months ago #947 by hugh jarmes
Sold it

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds