Weymouth at Easter 6th to 8th April

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago #834 by Tim
Last Easter we took a trip to Weymouth. The weather was fantastic, not too cold and lots of 25kt wind blowing across Weymouth Harbour. The speed strip was working really well - you get very flat water. The tides dictate when you sail, I can't find a table online that goes more than 14days hence.... Or just go a few 100 yards down wind in the harbour and the chop is good fun too. Or perhaps try one of the wave locations up the coast - I don' know these myself.

I suggest Friday and Saturday night. I will book into one of many little B&Bs in Weymouth along the promenade towards Melcombe, they start from around £20 / night. I don't fancy camping like we did one year, a bit too chilly. I've got a list if anyone wants and I can send it to you.

Of course such a trip is wind and weather dependant, and how long we stay depends of the forecast / other commitments.

Mike - you seemed keen again when we spoke about this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #835 by hugh jarmes
I would love to tag along Tim but I'm afraid I'm at the 1st round event of the UKWA series in Marazion (St Michaels Mount) Cornwall. A really beautiful spot and great venue.

ukwindsurfing.com/events/2007/98

If you fancy a change, why not come along. No need to compete. Aswell as course racing there will be Slalom racing and a Freewave event.

All the best

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

More
17 years 1 month ago #839 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
Im heading up to Borth for easter. Im planning to do some windsurfing but have got Nant yr Arian and Mach trails for some proper mountian biking if the wind doesnt blow.

• Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago #886 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Ziltch - nil -naff all - nothing
I am struggling to find any wind this Easter. Has anyone found any? Borth looks like a tiny bit Darren, on Monday. All around the coast nothing, except Northern Scotland. Sea breezes a possibility as it'll be so sunny.... any suggestions anyone?

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #887 by hugh jarmes
I've just returned home having turned back from my trip to Marazion, Cornwall for 4 days of racing. I got as far a Boscombe Down (Stonehenge) and was only approximately half way there.

A combination of no wind (some was forecast but this has petered down to nothing) and horrendous traffic made the decision for me.

Believe it or not, Brog looks more windy than the coast over the extended easter week end!!!

Although Maui looks better according to windguru :wink:

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

More
17 years 1 week ago #888 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
Im not fussed about the wind taking the bike with me theres fantastic mountian biking at Mach and Nant yr Arian

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds