Broggy Sheene

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 3 months ago #818 by mike g
Broggy Sheene was created by mike g
Good news... I have just been to the hospital and they are willing to take the metal bits out of my leg (well, I think that is good news).

The downside is that it will happen during peak windsurfing season... around about the end of May, if the 4 month estimate is to be believed.

I was hoping to go to Vass with my pilot buddies in late June but I had better not sign up for that now. If the op is on time then I would still be in the recovery period where the bone is filling in the screw holes and if the op is late (on the NHS, surely not?) then I would end up missing my holiday altogether.

So, the current plan is to go somewhere warm before the end of April then make the most of time on the water before the op. Maybe an extended weekend or two to the coast during April and May would be a wise plan. The one to Saunton last year was really good and did feel like a mini holiday to all of us.

I expect that one or two Thursday regulars will be really sorry to hear that I will be out of action for a couple of weeks. Never fear though... I'll be there to help Ron out and if anyone is seen sailing dangerously (too fast, too close, etc) then they may have to be disqualified!

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tim
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #819 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Mr Sheene
Dear Baz,

I am sure that it is great news that your are going to be turned human again, and no longer bionic. Sounds, daunting, I thought they left stuff like that in forever. Long term it has got to be the right decision to take the Ti- out.

Your planned 'operational' absence with create a frenzy of panic and activity. Such opportunities are rare. You should come up over the hill in your invalid carriage and watch us farting around in the force 1.2breezes - the competition will be HOT, like the weather by May I hope.

April - fancy that trip to Weymouth again....? Last year was pretty good. And I am up for May in the sea in Devon.

See ya Saturday nite.

Tim

0800 072 3372

More
17 years 3 months ago #820 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: Broggy Sheene
I object most strongly to Baz (??) having his metal plates removed as this will make him even lighter an thus, when he returns to racing, will plane EVEN earlier! (probably in zero knots)

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

More
17 years 3 months ago #821 by the hoff
Replied by the hoff on topic Brogborough Bay (Watch)
Leave the little guy alone.

If he's going to be 'hoff' for a few weeks then I don't need to stay on this diet any longer.

See y'all Saturday. Pamela's looking forward to it!

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds