Hi Broggers!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 3 months ago #813 by graemef
Hi Broggers! was created by graemef
Just thought I'd swing by, introduce myself and give you the heads up about some stuff I'm trying to get happening.

So in order, its Graeme Fuller, some of you old boys might remember me from a few years back as a racer, then Mistral distributor.

Some of you might have run into my ravings on the Boards Mag forum, hopefully I haven't taken the piss out of any of you to badly.

What's this all about? Well I've always been a bit of a long board fan, and not a year has gone by I haven't ridden one every week I've been home club racing, and good crack its been.

Riding longboards is something you can do regularly and I do know, time was there were a handy bunch up this way but Phill tells me y'all have mostly done your backs in or gone soft..

So anyway, I've taken on the Exocet brand, and they have not one but four new longboards, as well as some tasty short boards but I'll not concern myself with them for the moment.

I'm going to try and get a Novice series going for folk who've never raced before, as well as having some on hand for them as have at UKWA events, plus I'm hoping to use the boards longboard surf appeal to maybe sway some of the thousands of wannabe surfers into giving our game a go and possibly swell our ranks to the point the sport gets a bit of a boost in popularity.

So in brief thats my plan, we've got a bit of a new "community forum" going on at our website
here
which if anyones interested in being involved, maybe sign up as a means of being kept informed of the demos and events, and obviously to guage the interest round the regions, I'm posting this note on quite a few forums and its kind of time consuming to keep track of them all.

I haven't even begun to get a dealer network going yet, that starts tomorrow and I'll be up there again to ear bash Tony, see if I can remove that Starboard/Tushingham chip someone implanted in his head since I've been away.

Thanks for reading this and sorry if it comes across as a bit blatant in promoting that Kona, but if we can use it to boost the sport a bit, I'm sure y'all wont mind too much.

And there is the absolute killer Raceboard lurking in my warehouse, just waiting to propel some fortunate soul to the four corners of your water, about a leg ahead of everyone else :lol:

Just as soon as we can work out a date, we'll be up there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #814 by guest
Replied by guest on topic Re: Hi Broggers!
Sounds like a very interesting concept. The longboard thing could be a lot of fun and may see some returning to the sport. I hope it works out.

What is the sail situation with the concept. Is there a specific sail brand required or is this going to be open but with a size limit?

Good Luck

Mike

More
17 years 3 months ago #817 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic Re: Hi Broggers!
Think initially we'll leave it open. Obviously on any boards we rent for events/sell on ex demo, will probably have the Aerotech made OD rig.

Looks like we might end up doing Aerotech as well so it wont be a problem.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds