How many Boards

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 7 months ago #637 by stuart
How many Boards was created by stuart
Have some questions about the number of boards people have, and why. Particularly relating to their use.
So

How many boards and of what type do you have?
What size sails do you use with them?
How often do you use them? At Brog or elsewhere (ie on the sea).

It's a conversation I often seem to have with my wife, who sees our garage being taken over by my toys.

Also, feel I need to "optimise" my collection!

Anyway, would welcome people's information.

Stuart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #638 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: How many Boards
I currently have 5 boards though my 2006 carve 144 wood is up for sale at the bargain price of £500 (I had to get a plug in)

So here we go.

Carve 144 For the light wind days

iSonic 115 It akes the same sails as the carve 144 but is faster. Due to it's low volume and design it is harder to sail and I spend a lot more time in the water than on the carve.

Stype 104 I use thei when the wind gets too strong for the iSonic and I still want speed.

Kombat 96 This is my favorite board and I use this when the wind gets up and I want to muck around or as a one board to take to the coast.

JP FSW 84 For those rare ballistic days or for stronger winds at the coast.

Is that too many?

More
17 years 7 months ago #639 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: How many Boards
What a great topic idea. Few windsurfers can resist the temptation to talk about their kit!

Ok, biggest to smallest:

JP Slalom 114, 70cm wide - 8.5m and 7.0m Tushingham Lightnings for racing or mindless blasting. Used for Thursday slaloms and occasionally on weekends when I feel the need for speed (10% of the time at Brog?).

JP Freestyle 100, 65cm wide - 6.1m and 5.2m NP Expressions. Used 80% of the time that I am at Brog. Anything up to force 6, at which point I am better off on the FSW85.

JP Freestyle Wave 85, 58cm wide - 5.2m NP Expression (could also use the 6.1m but I would be on the FS100), 4.5m NP Search. Used 10% of the time that I am at Brog and most of the time on the coast. Force 5 to 7 at Brog, force 4 to 6 on the coast.

JP Wave 74 (now named the 'radical' wave), 53.6cm wide - 5.2m NP Expression, 4.5m NP Search or 4.0m Tushingham Storm (if on the coast). Rarely used at Brog (only on the 'silly' days) but used heavily in wave spots - Morrocco and Ireland. Force 6 upwards at Brog or force 5 upwards on the coast.

I'm not too particular about fins, although I have the following:

- 34cm, 39m, 43m Select fins (Slalom oriented) for the S114.
- 22cm Baker Freestyle fin for the FS100 and FSW85.
- 21cm standard wave fin for the Wave 74.

I have just realised... sailor size has a bearing on things. This year I am about 70Kg... I have somehow lost 4Kg since last year!

Mike

More
17 years 7 months ago #640 by stuart
Replied by stuart on topic Boards
Realised should've put mine up.

An old 150L, 76cm carve. Only use with an 8.5M (very rarely) or with my 5.7M to practice tricks, well helicopters. Also my boy (aged 11) uses it when I drag him kicking and screaming down to the lake. (with a little 2.5M I've fixed up).

New JP Xcite ride 135L, 70cm. Best with 7.6M, also good with my 6.7M, use 80% of the time. Can ride it backwards, wrong side of the sail, helicopter, my favourite board currently. A dream.

A JP supercross 116L, 66cm wide. Scary fast for me, but am getting better on it all the time. In the straps and under control on sept 2nd/3rd, works for me with the 6.7M and 5.7M sails, and is ok to tack and turn I find (surprisingly).
Have sailed this on the sea and "really" loved it.

I now have all the kit for a 4.7M sail but am as yet unsure what to do with it!

Need a sub 100L board, but currently don't have the nerve. (either to buy it or sail it!) :roll:

Stuart

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds