What a disaster.

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #590 by admin
What a disaster. was created by admin
The wind was forecast to blow. At last the long awaited bong arrived. Unfortunately it was a Northerly so gusty was the order of the day.

I had lost my wetsuit so £110 :oops: later I rigged up a 6.5 on the Kombat 96. It was horrible. Overpowered one second, falling in backwards the next. Some others seemed to be enjoying it though, notably Mike pulling of some weird and wonderfull manouvers.

I came in for a break when David called for the safety boat as someone had catapulted into his ribs. Tony, myself and a couple of others launched the boat but the bugger would not start. In a fit of temper started pulling the starter cord madly. Then twang!!!! something broke. Not it was not the boat but Tony's leg. An ageing muscle or ligament has given up the ghost. Now in a lot of pain with the boad drifting towards the rocks I managed to start the boat and we shot to the rescue.

Now in a few inches of water Ron jumped out, the wrong side of the boat, and dissapeared into the murky depths. Finaly he surfaced and we helped the injured party into the boat and returned leaving Ron to sail the kit back, with a wrecked boom.

A short while later John O was seen sailing with the front 9 inches of his board missing with lumps of foam hanging out. It's about time he got a new board anyway.

Things didn't get any better. Phil was to be seen with a large lump and cut on his forehead where he walked into his open boot lid :lol: . Then one of Tony's hire sails returned missing a panel.

And I nearly forgot to mention poor Ralph. He only got married Saturday and was on his way to the lake for a last sail before going on his honeymoon when an out of control classic mini came round a corner sideways destroying his van.

At this point I think we should all go to bed wrapped in cotton wool before anything else happens.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #592 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
And Ive got a nice hand sized graze when I came off my mountian bike cycling at Afan in Wales broke my bell as well :?

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #593 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: What a disaster.
Hope the graze is nowhere nasty :lol:

And what is an extreme MTBer like you doing with a bell anyway...

More
17 years 8 months ago #594 by stuart
Replied by stuart on topic Re: What a disaster.
Sorry to hear about the injuries, hope tony is ok.

Missed the day as I knackered my toes on sunday kicking a brick, having bruised them the previous week in cornwall going to the loo in the middle of the night on a campsite and falling over a wall.

not good, but hoping to be fit by the weekend.

Stuart

More
17 years 7 months ago #597 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
Most of the people I cycle with took the piss out of my bell so I had to keep it! going to have to buy a new one now. Graze isn't too bad just below my knee

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds