Recent Holidays

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 9 months ago #506 by mike g
Recent Holidays was created by mike g
How has everyone's holiday been of late?

Clive, you got back from Vass about a week ago. How was the instruction for you? On the Vass site it looked like the wind was not very kind to you but I hope that you had a great time nonetheless.

Jo, Janet and Keith, you should are also back from Cyprus now. Hopefully you had some good conditions and I have no doubt that you found the tuition and social skills of Cribby top notch. I hope that you are all out on the lake with renewed enthusiasm after your holiday.

I had a serious feeling of deja-vu in Vass. Same week, same group and same instructor as last year! The wind blew well throughout but I had the misfortune of cutting my hands on the first day. Warning: the 2007 North booms are very sharp at the clew end (the holes for adjustment) and my first duck gybe resulted in multiple cuts to the throwing hand. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as the gybe went but as I sailed away something felt odd about my left hand and was a bit shocked to see dripping blood when I looked at it! I spent the rest of the holiday with my left hand taped up as the cuts just got worse without it but I suppose it could have been worse. The good news is that my ankle is still in one piece despite a lot of attempts at vulcans and gecko flakas. I think I'll have the gecko flaka soon but the vulcan still has quite some way to go, although I did seem to be making progress every now and then.

Bubble and Colin have improved a lot since last year and have some new moves under their belts... the shaka and ponch seem to be two of their notable favourites. Bubble also has his cana brava really sorted and makes it look really easy. One of my group had parents visit us on their 43 foot yacht so we spent an evening aboard it whilst Bubble, Colin and Greg were all showing off to the max around us. A great way to end the day; beer and nibbles with cabaret alongside. Later on someone fetched pizza in the dinghy and brought it back to us. Bloomin' marvelous it was!

Anything much been going on at the lake? I wish I had seen the race on Thursday... It must have been very entertaining to watch! Hats off to Mr Boulter for his comeback to the racing. It seems that nothing can set that man back. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tim
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #508 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Sotavento
Are Colin and Sue Hunt back yet?

I'd like to know the score about the hotel and conditions. I am going there last 2 weeks of August, and I have yet to decide if I take my board or rent when I get out there. Tim

More
17 years 9 months ago #512 by hugh jarmes
Replied by hugh jarmes on topic Re: Recent Holidays
Mike wrote "someone fetched pizza in the dinghy and brought it back to us"

Sorry to hear about that Mike, it must have smelt aweful. I hope you didn't have to clear it up.

I'm glad you are back - no I really am glad you are back! if only for another pair of eyes to spot the cheating b*****ds who try and get away with a 9.4 :wink:

See you Thursday

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds