Worth a mention...

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
17 years 10 months ago #493 by mike g
Worth a mention... was created by mike g
90 minutes on the water yesterday doing tricks, some of them new and I didn't fall off once! I reckon that' the first time I can ever say that... excluding my early years of sailing where the sole aim was to get back to shore without having fallen in. Definitely one for the diary.

Anyway, not long until Vass now and whilst I am on the subject... I wonder if Clive is looping yet? :wink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #495 by
Replied by on topic Re: Worth a mention...
Yoe we're obviously not trying hard enough.

More
17 years 10 months ago #496 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Worth a mention...
Not to fear, I went back to my own board last night and spent the whole night falling in... trying to work out the Gekko Flaka.

• Phill
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #497 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Re: Worth a mention...
Mike G,

Firstly what the hell were you doing posting at stupid o'clock.

How did you get on last night (20th june)?

I understand Alex had a good time and managed to join the waterstart club (well done).

Did the wind improve? I spent the day in very gusty conditions on a 6.5 but it started to look better as I de-rigged :x

This week I have mostly been perfecting 1/4 loops :oops:

More
17 years 10 months ago #498 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Worth a mention...

Mike G,
Firstly what the hell were you doing posting at stupid o'clock.

I wasn't. This board must be set up for some other time zone. ;)

How did you get on last night (20th june)?

Wrong sail really as the wind picked up. The 6.1m was too big to do anything much more than gybes, I should have taken the 5.2m. I was mainly doing 360s (upwind and downwind variants) but I did have one lame attempt at a vulcan (90 degree rotation). However, that is the first time I have even considered it since my ankle injury. I think that come Vass I'll be happily throwing myself about.

I understand Alex had a good time and managed to join the waterstart club (well done).

Way to go. Perhaps we should have a 'moves' forum on here where we can discuss the moves that we are trying, how we are doing, ask for advice or just gloat when we learn something new? :D

This week I have mostly been perfecting 1/4 loops :oops:

That was the 'boardless' variety I presume? I was half tempted to try some loops yesterday but a little voice in my head was telling me that I fly to Vass in 5 days and that I shouldn't tempt fate.

Mike

More
17 years 10 months ago #499 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Worth a mention...

Only managed them on the starboard tack - can't seem to do them on port yet. Bizarrely, the opposite tack to my better beachstarting side - weird?!

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds