The week from 27th march

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 weeks ago #382 by admin
The week from 27th march was created by admin
We it started off really well. Monday I was slightly overpowered on my 5.75 and 104. The promised rain never came and it stayed warm.

Tuesday was a different matter. I started out on a 5.25 and was totally overpowered. Colin was struggling on his 4.4 and Neil was struggling too.

We all changed down with Colin and Neil on 4m and Ralph and I on 4.5. With the wind gusting up to 58 and averaging 40 we were all still overpowered at times. My main problem was my board was too big and the wind kept picking it up dumping me in the water. At the end of the day, totally knackered wee all packed up but had one last laugh when someone went out on a formula board.

Wednesday we placed a flag next to the fallen remains of derrick so you at least know where to avoid. I bet someone uses it as a gybe mark.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #383 by cliveb
Replied by cliveb on topic Re: The week from 27th march
Todays forecast is 16C and 28mph....I bet I know where Phill is!!!

• Tim
  • Visitor
18 years 4 weeks ago #384 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Yes he was
Clive,
Yes he was. Acting as "board consultant". I ordered a JP Free Race 135, only to be told they are unavailable. Phil then added that they are a bit of a pig to sail. So Tony found out they've got a slalom 134. So I opted for that instead.

If ultra-sport are importers, then they aren't any good. I mean, they obviously carry no stock.

Anyway it's supposed to be available next week.

Tim

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 weeks ago #385 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The week from 27th march
Well the wind was excellent today. I managed to break my speed record so I'm now up to 37.4mph. :D :D :D :D :twisted:

I rigged a 5.7 and was waaayyyy overpowered. We had a small time when the wind dropped slightly so I went for it with a big downwind run. Bicycle clips on overload that one. I'd already scared myself silly when on one run I was so overpowered that I was unable to turn upwind and was rapidly heading towards the jetty. I ditched at the last minute but somehow managed to re-hook in which spun me round bruising my arse. I finally came to a stop 3 feet from the jetty.

Tim,

Ultrasport= Pants.

Dave's new jp was delivered with a wrecked nose. Shipping problem I hear you say. It could be but strangely there was no damage to the box.

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #386 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
I was hoping to get out after work this week as I was "suposed" to get back from France on Monday night
Plane delayed on Monday, french airtaffic control on strike tuesday plane wasn't going to make it out of french airspace before stike kicked in so it was canceled! next flight with space was thursday.
Just got back to today only 3 days late for work :?
And top it off it was windy as hell in france with no kit :(

• Tim
  • Visitor
18 years 4 weeks ago #387 by Tim
Yesterday at Hayling I sailed from the Esso Garage. I went right out to the islands up near the M27. It was well choppy!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds