Scarey, very scarey

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #1338 by admin
Scarey, very scarey was created by admin
As there was bugger all wind coupled with a load of rain at the lake I decided to head South for the forecast winds. I arrived at poo bay nice and early and the wind was already nuking so I rigged a 4.0 and out I went. After an hour of superb fun a huge gust hit and I went over the front. When I waterstarted again I discovers a panel completely missing from my sail. It was not as if it had ripped, it just vanished leaving a big hole where it should have been with not even the slightest remenants of panel left. Oh well, lucky it was an old cheap sail.

With the tide on the drop I decided to head over to Pagham. For those of you that don't know Pagham it is a very odd place with many homes being built of old railway carriages and a very deliverence feel to it. The sailing however can be brilliant. There are two launch spots, one by the sailing clube which is a great and easy launch. The otheris down near the nature reserve and on a dropping tide there is a nasty flow you have to cross to get out. Today the wind was gusting around the 50kts mark and while the sea looked spectacular I decided that the cutrrent and the wind were just too much for me so grabbed a few piccies. In my defence the guy doing the loops ( Jamie H ) in the pics on the gallery was on a 3.3 while the smallest intact sail I had was a 4.5 so I might have struggled somewhat. Plus I was a little scared.

So off to West Wittering for a look. I got to the beach to find the wind was so strong I could barely breathe nor stand up in it. So after an hour of mincing about I returned to Hayling front and managed another hour there on the 4.5 but totally overpowered most of the time.

Bring on the next windy day. I want more of this coastal stuff.

File Attachment:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds