VIDEO - GREAT

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 1 month ago #1204 by the hoff
VIDEO - GREAT was created by the hoff
The "Windy Friday" video by Phil Ashton is really fantastic and a great advert for Brogborough. It stands head and shoulders above the majority of YouTube offers (and IMHO it even measures up to some professional efforts)

It got me thinking about making videos of race nights - no not on the windless long board evenings (although even these have a novelty/amusement value). We have had some very exciting and hotly contested slalom races over the past few years (witness John Skye's scalp being taken by Mike George) and from where I was standing (or swimming) there were some excellent shots of overtaking maneuvers and gybes going well (and not so well).

I suggest it only to see if anyone who has the kit/ability/self-belief fancies having a go. I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind the extra publicity and would allow the use of the safety boat. I would volunteer but my home videos are more like The Keystone Cops than Hollywood and I really wouldn't know how to "cut" the end result and set it to music.

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1205 by jase_mk
Replied by jase_mk on topic Re: VIDEO - GREAT
I've done a fair bit of editing and setting stuff to music and have messed about with bullet cams on my car/bike/head/snowboard etc.

Can't see my sailing skills being up to racing this year, so doing a bit of video sounds like fun.

Going to find this "Windy Friday" vid now...

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #1208 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: VIDEO - GREAT
Hopefully the Thursday footage will look something like the clip I took in Margarita a few weeks ago:

www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0

Once everyone has been on their gybe clinic I see no reason why not. ;)

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds