It's official, lightweights can sail fast. ;)

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 3 months ago #1109 by mike g
Although "Tony" witnessed my run from the bank and saw my GPS afterwards (34.1 kts / 39.2mph / 63.0kph), here is the log from my Navi GT-11 for anyone interested:

www.mikeg.ws/download/34knots.zip

As can be seen from the log, I was sailing around at about 30 knots on my decent runs then I had that one killer run which added another 4 knots. It was just one of those times where everything fell into place... I was already doing 30 knots when a decent gust hit me and somehow I managed to stay in control. :)

I can't wait to try my kit at The Ray in 2008... even if it doesn't count towards the speed trophy at Brog I want to see how much faster I can go!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1110 by barry
Didn't they tell you ?

Speeds recorded when the air temperature is under 10 degree's don't count... something to do with reduced friction of the water surface due to momentary icing of the top 50 microns... or the heavyweights being in the warm eating pies...

Happy new year to all... I missed it... got on a plane at 6:30pm and they told us to put our watches forward by 8 hours... Wot no bubbly ?

p.s. yes, I don know that the presure applied by the board to the water would infact momentarily raise the melting point, as per ice skates...

More
16 years 3 months ago #1111 by mike g
That's lucky, it was a good 11 degrees on that day. ;)

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds