THE HOFF HAS LOST HIS MIND

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 4 months ago #1081 by the hoff
On 13 April 08 I'm rowing a Marathon for the Huntington's Disease Association. I am doing this in memory of a colleague's brother who suffered from HD and who died recently. He was only in his 40s and left a family. Sadly, my colleague's Father died from the same disease. I was so impressed by her courage (and that of her Mother) that I thought I should do something to raise some money to help fight this cruel condition. I applied to run the London Marathon but didn't get a place (perhaps for the best) so thought I would row it on a Concept2 on the same day. The 42km (26 m) should take me between 3 and 3.5 hours (I hope). I have persuaded a guy at work to join me and he has managed to persuade guys from his rowing club at Chiswick to join us. The hardest thing is going to be the training which requires up to 5 hours (80km - 50 miles) per week.

Please visit www.justgiving.com/davidlewis5

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Huntington's Disease Association will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you. So please sponsor me now! Many thanks for your support.

Regards and thanks in anticipation

David Lewis aka The Hoff

I will try and use the site as a Blog to keep donors abreast of how my training is going

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1229 by the hoff
Hi,

You are reading this for one of 2 reasons:

You have already sponsored me - so thank you, your support is greatly appreciated.

You haven’t got round to sponsoring me yet - so here’s a reminder.

On Friday 11 April 2008 I'm rowing a Marathon for the Huntington's Disease Association. I am doing this in memory of a colleague's brother who suffered from HD. He was only in his 40s when he died recently. Sadly, my colleague’s Father also died from the same disease. I was so impressed by her courage (and that of her Mother) that I thought I should do something to raise some money to help fight this cruel condition. I applied to run the London Marathon but didn't get a place (perhaps for the best) so thought I would row it on a Concept2 rowing machine. The 42+km (26+m) should take me around 3 hours (I hope) and I have persuaded someone at work to join me in the attempt. The hardest thing has been the training which required up to 5 hours (80km - 50 miles) per week.

To sponsor me visit www.justgiving.com/davidlewis5. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Huntington's Disease Association will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

So go on, please sponsor me now. Even a small amount will help and you will hardly notice it.

Many thanks for your support.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #1230 by the hoff
Thanks to everyone who sponsored me

Its still not too late to donate even though I've completed it. see below

2 hrs 52 mins 53.9 secs

That is an average split of 2:02.9 for 42,195 metres

Not wanting to bragg (but I will anyway) for those of you who use a Concept2, next time you are on it try doing just 2,000m at that split.

www.justgiving.com/davidlewis5

• Tim
  • Visitor
16 years 2 weeks ago #1231 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Well Done
Just want to say well done. Training hard for an endurance event is satisfying when you performed well isn't it? Congrats to you Dave.

Mike, Colin and myself hope to do well on Sunday, 62 miles across farm tracks and small lanes on our mountain bikes. 6500' of ascending. Hell of the North....

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds