Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1059 by admin
Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray was created by admin
Currently the forecast for Sunday is a force 5 SW. With low tide at 12:38 this could be the perfect introduction to The Ray at Southend. It's only an hour from Brog. Arriving at 10ish will make getting out easy the 4hrs of mirror flat speed strip to play on.

I'll keep an eye on the forecast. and decide if I am going later in the week

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1060 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray
If I had a suitable board I may have been interested (not sure the Kombat would be right!) - and if I had a car I could rely on as well, that would help!
I'd suggest no-one buys a Renault - have only just warmed up after spending nearly 2 hrs by the side of a dual carriageway in the dark waiting for the AA to turn up (and that's on a high priority call as well). I may well be trading it in the next few weeks, but definately not for another Renault now - stupid French cars :x

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1061 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray
Glad you made it home safely. Even your text looked pissed off.

What was wrong?

More
16 years 5 months ago #1062 by the hoff
Replied by the hoff on topic Re: Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray
French cars - built by Algerians :(

The alternatives?

A German car - built by Turks - mmmm, let me think

British cars - Aston Martin, Bristol, Morgan - slightly ££££££

Italian cars - ever owned an Alfa? Gorgeous. Full of soul and spirit but you'll never own another!

Japanese cars - Smart, economical, fast, well built, reliable, great engines, dull as hell

Swedish cars. Hidden talents (just like Sven & Ulrika) Eco friendly yet swift, spacious and practical. Perhaps perceived as a little boring and middle class but a Volvo estate or Saab sport wagon provide enough performance to make even the most robust Labrador sick.

I've had 7 Volvo estates and was never disappointed by any of them. I wasn't inspired either and thats why I drive a BMW now but if its reliability and practicality you want, get a Volvo.

As Dudley Moore's advertising film character once said "Boxy, but good"

There's not one F in Hoff - there are two!

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1063 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray
Volvo...Mmmmmm, Perfect for splatting the odd Badger or two.

Do you still have the other car?

More
16 years 5 months ago #1064 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Sunday 2 Dec - The Ray
Almost broke down on the way into work this morning - but just made it (there may have been a queue of traffic behind me on the dual carriageway though!!). Have been advised by Renault not to drive the car any more, but get it recovered to the dealer. Fine - but, they don't have a courtesy car available and can't even look at my car until Fri. Where's the customer service in that?! :x

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds