New Homepage

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2030 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic Re: New Homepage
I'm not going anywhere, just not posting there anymore, it was time to stop when they appointed moderators from within, lazy bastards, I said I'd go the first time one of them got above themselves and sure enough they did and I'm certainly not giving anyone there the kudos of a flounced exit, so I've quietly faded away this past few weeks, only back here now because of your new look. None of the regulars of old are there any more, no Nick, OTY, Shingly, Sweifische is irregular, you aint on there much, the Camber lot, it's only being held together by slash Vico with occasional humorous asides, the rest of the time it's just muppetry, basher & the regular pimps and toe in twerps, it's no loss to your day not being there like it once might have been.. And anyway I've got dinghy sailors to torment now..
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by graemef.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2056 by twofish
Replied by twofish on topic Re: New Homepage
Ah, did I miss a public chastisement Grumpf? What was that one all about?

Actually I think the two moderator folk are one of the better bits of the forum now. But yes, "it's no loss to your day not being there like it once might have been" is a sad summary of where it's got to. I'm also pretty unimpressed that they managed to lose a lot of the historical stuff. Even if it's not the 'community' it was once, it still had good value as a reference , or would have done if they'd not lost the content.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2057 by phill104
Replied by phill104 on topic Re: New Homepage
I agree, it was so sad to see all that great content to vanish. While some of it may have seemed out of date most of it was still relavent. There were some superb articles and a brilliant board database that many of us used to refer to at times. It was a very sad day when Bill and Ian left, a huge kick for the mag. We then had a worrying time until Whitey took the helm and all was beginning to look good from my POV. Shame it all went so horribly wrong. At least Whitey fell on his feet as usuall. Just like a weeble, he wobbles but doesn't fall down. Anyone know how the rest of the old guard are getting on?

More
11 years 6 months ago #2058 by graemef

twofish wrote: Ah, did I miss a public chastisement Grumpf? What was that one all about?

No, nothing like that, they removed a thread as I recall, presumably on bashers instruction since it was a poll about him leaving as he'd recently threatened in one of his hissy fit moments. So I thought, actually I'll go instead, I was bored, he can carry on Starboarding the place up un opposed and if I feel like going back some time, nobody would be the wiser.. Interesting to note having looked just now, he certainly upped his Starboard pimp rate in the past few weeks, didn't take him long.. :lol:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2062 by Arf
Replied by Arf on topic Re: New Homepage
Well I am sorry grumf, seems its impossible to satisfy one stalwart without pissing the other off.
First and only thing I 've deleted aside from a bazillion spams. I was probably drunk.
The world is a less colorful place without you in it.

Here is a song which sums it all up for me.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Arf.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2063 by graemef
Nothing to apologise for Arf, no harm done, nothing to be blamed for, basher has always taken himself very seriously and he does own the place after all, ;) I'm a bit busy anyway and don't have the spare daytime hours nor the mischievous mojo necessary to maintain Basher of Boards forum abuse, and times have changed, they do that now and again and somehow he doesn't hold the entertainment value he once did for me, nor are there many of the old guard basher appreciation society left to appreciate and join my toils..
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by graemef.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds