Is anybody there?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
11 years 10 months ago #1980 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic Re: Is anybody there?

There, much more easily recognised when your pissed and the world tends to look better that way i've found lately..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #1981 by slasher
Replied by slasher on topic Re: Is anybody there?
looking at those eyes I would say he's got too much blood in his alcohol stream. :) :S

More
11 years 10 months ago #1982 by twofish
Replied by twofish on topic Re: Is anybody there?
I did think that one hour was a bit of an ambitious target for the switchover, even if they've already lost much of the content following the hacking incident. Can anyone remember how many weeks / months we were out of action when the 'Dawes Eaupen' forum broke? (I think that was the one that vanished for weeks)?

More
11 years 10 months ago #1983 by phill104
Replied by phill104 on topic Re: Is anybody there?
An hour isn't optimistic, or at least it should not be. What troubles me is the promise to restore all that lost data. Trying to do that is an astoundingly complex task. Yes, getting the old DB back is easy but to then merge it with the content and users posted since is where it gets messy and where I see them struggling.

I have no idea why they didn't sort it out properly when the hack occurred. If they didn't have a backup then it really is a sorry state of affairs for a big company like that. Would have made a lot more sense to fix the original issue at the time before migrating.

I wonder if we will all be given the apt title of "Senior Member" with the new forum.

More
11 years 10 months ago #1984 by phill104
Replied by phill104 on topic Re: Is anybody there?
Talking of sites that are down, LBWS has been down for days now - www.lbwindsurfing.com/

More
11 years 10 months ago #1985 by twofish
Replied by twofish on topic Re: Is anybody there?

phill104 wrote: I wonder if we will all be given the apt title of "Senior Member" with the new forum.

What, to reflect the forum demographic you mean? :)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds