Beginners Boards and Dagger Boards?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
15 years 9 months ago #1254 by baitrunner
Hi, I have had a days tuition on what seemed like the Ark Royal (Starboard Start). I want to buy my own board but am totally confused with the advise given. I weigh about 72kg. Some people say I should go as low as 130l others say 180l and above! Also would I struggle if I didnt have a board with a daggerboard? What does a daggerboard do and do I need one? I dont want to outgrow my first purchase in the first season. I like the look of the Starboard Carve / Futura in the higher volumes but dont know if this would be too advanced for me.
Any help would be apprecieated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #1255 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Beginners Boards and Dagger Boards?
If I were you I would hire a little before choosing a board. There is a lot to choosing your first board and it is always confusing. You may be someone who really gets hooked and progresses quickly or you may be someone who enjoys it and goes occasionally. That will influence your choice, as will so many other factors including your weight, where you sail, cost etc.

Do not rush into it. A few sessions on the water can really change your sailing and you will soon begin to get an idea of your needs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds